The WAYA Sports Performance program will take your game to the next level! This program will focus on enhancing qualities needed to be a better athlete on the field or court. Our five week program will feature five different physical assessments that will put your skills to the test in speed, agility, strength, power, balance, stamina, and coordination. If you are looking to gain an advantage against your opponent, WAYA Sports Performance is for you!
Athletes’ performance will be recorded after weekly tests that are based on the ACE (Athletic Capabilities Evaluation) model. This will set a baseline for each athlete at the beginning of the week, so that after two workouts, you will see improvement in the test scores! The workouts are designed to complement the skill of the week, as we work on movement techniques, proper form and basic motor skills.
- Two Training Sessions per Week
- Tuesday: Test and Workout
- Thursday: Workout and Retest
- One skill will be focused on each week.
- Week 1: Agility (Arrowhead / L Sprint Test)
- Week 2: Strength / Power (RAST Power Output Test)
- Week 3: Balance & Flexibility (Standing Stork & Sit/Reach Test)
- Week 4: Stamina (Beep Test)
- Week 5: Coordination (Tennis Ball Catch & Throw)
- A score card will be provided for each athlete to bring with them every session. This card will be used by coaches to input individual scores and notes.
- The focus will be on body weight exercises with occasionally some added weight, mainly for the older group. The goal is to create a quality movement pattern for all athletes of any level, so they can excel in their sport.
Youth Development (8 – 11 yrs old) 4 – 5 PM
Athlete’s Advantage (12 – 18 yrs old) 5 – 6 PM
- November 6 – December 13*
- Tuesdays (Indoor WAYA Gym) & Thursdays (Outdoor WAYA Brumley Field)
- Costs for WAYA Members
- 2x/week: $ 150
- 1x/week: $ 100
- Drop in fee: $ 25
- Costs for Non-Members
- 2x/week: $ 175
- 1x/week: $ 125
- Drop in fee: $ 30
STILL WANT MORE?!!
If any athlete wants a follow up training session with an in-depth Dartfish video analysis, they can book that with Freestyle Sports. This training will be more sport specific and Freestyle Sports will provide a more personalized training plan based on the findings.
Our strength & conditioning programs are not only for the professional athletes. Even young aspiring children and athletes benefit from our services. It is a great tool to see where you are now and where you can improve. Measuring is key to growth. Do you want to get stronger? Faster? Have better coordination? Have more power or better balance? Improve your agility or flexibility? Or do you want to build a larger endurance? These sports performance services are the way to go. The Freestyle Sports coaches will test you to determine the base level and work with you to improve and reach your goal.
Freestyle Sports believes in bodyweight exercises before adding external weights. We will design a program specialized for you, based on your base level and sport. Our exercises are short and high intensity, but we only want you to go as fast or as heavy where you are still using the right techniques. Educating young athletes on the proper way to move is key. This will prevent later injuries and slow down wear and tear.